3D Cone Beam
3D dental imaging (also known as Cone Beam Computed Tomography, or CBCT) allows us to see more anatomy, and with more clarity than traditional film-based dental x-rays. The focused x-ray beam reduces scatter radiation, resulting in better image quality and a lower dose of radiation. With an enhanced visualization of your teeth, bones, and surrounding hard and soft tissue, we will understand more about your diagnosis and treatment plan! Also, the software includes the option of accurately implant planning, making the surgery more precise and predictable.
Traditional dental x-rays are cumbersome and may cause a gagging reflex. 3D scans are much more comfortable, much less invasive, and provide a more relaxed and enjoyable treatment experience. The accuracy, precision, and clarity of images produced by 3D scans allow us to provide a better diagnosis, and helps prepare for a wide range of dental procedures, such as:
- Accurate placement of dental implants
- Extraction planning for impacted teeth
- Diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ)
- Evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals, and nasal cavity
- Determining bone structure and tooth orientation